COOKING WITH ANCIENT GRAINS
Ancient grains made modern and delicious!
Rich in fiber and antioxidants, ancient grains like quinoa, chia, amaranth, and kaniwa are known for their nutritional value. In Cooking with Ancient Grains, you'll discover just how wholesome and tasty these grains are with 75 recipes by award-winning author Maria Baez Kijac. From breakfast and dinner to snacks and desserts, each delicious dish not only provides important nutrients and proteins, but also keeps you feeling full throughout the day. Best of all, you'll never feel trapped in the kitchen with these simple recipes, such as:
- Palachinkes with Amaranth Flour
- Dates Stuffed with Gorgonzola, Walnuts, and Kaniwa
- Quinoa, Black Rice, and Smoked Salmon Salad
- Mushroom and Watercress Soup with Amaranth
- Quinoa Macaroni and Broccoli Gratinee
- Mango Parfait with Chia Seeds
Complete with step-by-step instructions and beautiful photographs, Cooking with Ancient Grains will help you harness all of the goodness that quinoa, amaranth, chia, and kaniwa have to offer.